4.03.2012

Blogging is cheaper than therapy...

I've now openly acknowledged to a couple of friends that I'm officially hung up on an ex. Unfortunately, he's not an asshole or an unpleasant sort of chap, so I can't channel unrequited feelings into a good old fashioned angry rant. The reason he broke off things off are still not totally clear to me. In classic She Who Dates style, I can't bring myself to have a conversation with him about it and now it's been...get this...OVER A YEAR. Seriously, I don't think I can handle the truth and it seems a little late to demand it.

So here we are. Spending more time together than when we actually dated. I'm constantly reminded why I fell for him in the first damn place. He seems completely oblivious to the chemistry that seems to still be there. Chemistry that other folks also notice. My clinical diagnosis? It just sucks. And often, I feel like punching him in the face.

I've decided that my pining is officially out of control and a return to blogging is in order. I don't want to be one of THOSE girls. The ones who hope you confused boys will wake up, realize how awesome we are and change your mind. I didn't even realize I felt that way until someone point blank asked me the other day whilst I was enjoying my second whiskey/vodka cocktail. The whiskey/vodka combo is my truth serum apparently. It's also apparently opened the flood gates and now I find myself needing to process this crap and get my ass back online and in the scene.

In other breaking news, I set my lover free. In not so breaking news, the world of online dating is still dismal. Happy hunting and may the odds forever be in my favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment